Strataloc is a floating flooring system constructed with a clear vinyl wear layer, a stone polymer composite (SPC) core and iXPE closed cell acoustic foam backing.
- SPC core is denser and therefore more indentation resistant than alternative constructions.
- SPC core has greater thermal stability than alternatives. Strataloc is able to be installed at a wider range of temperatures.
- SPC is stronger material, so less susceptible to breakage during installation.
- I4F locking mechanism installs faster with vertical engagement of short side lock.
- 30% faster install. Put down 3 planks of Strataloc for every 2 planks of traditional locking system.
- iXPE foam is closed cell construction, provides optimal mold and mildew resistance and has better acoustical performance from minimal foam thickness.
- Exceeds IIC rating required over bare concrete subfloor with no acoustical drop ceiling (see sound test report in Technical section).
- I4F installation method linked below:
In terms of impact sound reduction from upper to lower floors, Strataloc achieves IIC 50 over 6" bare concrete floor assembly. Bare concrete means WITHOUT the assistance of any form of acoustic drop ceiling.